Rules of joining the IASHE
Active scientists, researchers and inventors who meet the following requirements may become the members of the IASHE (full members and corresponding members of the Academy):
- Applicants for membership in the Academy must have an active practice of scientific studies - at least 7 years (preceding the year of joining) of continuous research activities (in accordance with the confirmed dates of the first and last official publication of such period);
- The official bibliography of the candidate for accession into the Academy must include at least 30 official publications, with massive, open and free promulgation;
- At least 10 official publications of the applicant for membership must be published in foreign (for such persons) journals;
- At least five official publications of the applicant for membership must be author's monographs;
- During his research activities the applicant for membership must formulate and justify at least 5 innovative abstracts accepted by the scientific community and aimed at the resolution of certain pressing issues of today;
- An applicant for membership must submit at least 5 letters of recommendation from famous scientists of his own country to the IASHE Scientific Council;
- Name and results of scientific activities of the applicant for membership must be known at least in 5 foreign countries (excluding the country of residence of such person). This must be confirmed by publications or official recommendations of scientists from different countries;
- An applicant for membership must state and submit an author essay in English, 10-15 pages (A4) of printed text (computer typed, the font size - 12, side fields - 2sm each) to the Scientific Council. In the essay an author must make a personal assessment of the state of modern science or its particular sector, as well as prospects, trends and dynamics of scientific progress.
Joining the Academy, and the current membership in the IASHE do not involve any one-time or periodic financial obligations.
Recommending about giving the appropriate person a status of the IASHE full member (academician) or corresponding member are formulated and grounded by the Scientific Council.
When deciding whether to recommend the Congress to accept an applicant in a particular status or not, the Scientific Council takes the following factors into account:
- Experience in pedagogical activities and rating (the authority) of educational institutions, such activities were carried out in;
- Existence of scientific degrees and titles;
- Existence of academic degrees and academic titles in several scientific fields;
- Existence of scientific degrees and titles of various educational institutions, as well as educational institutions in different countries;
- Rating (authority) of the educational institution, the academic degree or title was assigned in;
- Participation of the applicant in training of a certain number of scientists and researchers;
- Availability of the registered copyright for the results of scientific studies and patents for inventions.
Final formal decision to accept the person to the list of members is made by the Congress upon the recommendation of the Scientific Council of the Academy.
Procedure of admission of new members can be executed upon the initiative of the person concerned (the applicant) and on the initiative of the IASHE Presidium.
Electronic copies of all documents with the related information in English are submitted (sent) to the IASHE Presidium and controlled by the Secretary General.
Specific procedures of accepting appropriate persons to the IASHE member list are executed in the following cases:
- for participants of research-educational projects of the IASHE, in which a reward is announced for distinguished scholars – a simplified acquisition of membership in the Academy;
- for outstanding and prominent scientists, invited to become members of the IASHE upon the initiative of the Presidium;
- for professional high skilled educators with long-time working experience in higher education, who trained a large number of scientists and became founders of scientific schools or authors of innovative concepts and theories;
- for prominent public and political figures, significantly contributing to the development of science and education;
- for entrepreneurs, who made significant contributions to the development of science and education.
Procedure of reviewing the possibility of joining the Academy takes place until the closest (from the time of submission of the required documents and information) IASHE Congress session is held, but it can not last more than 200 days.