For the realization of statutory goals the Academy is provided with the following authorities:
- it defines main directions of fundamental studies, carried out by scientists connected with the Academy and scientists (partners of the Academy), who work in educational institutions in the field of natural, technical, social sciences and humanities;
- in accordance with the legislation of relevant countries of Europe and other countries of the world it creates scientific-educational centers, higher educational institutions, colleges, special schools and other educational institutions;
- it represents scientists (full and corresponding members of the Academy) in international scientific unions and in their administrations;
- it participates in scientific, educational, human rights protection and other international organizations;
- it makes scientific cooperation agreements with Academies of Sciences and other research organizations as well as higher education institutions of different countries of Europe and other continents; for this purpose it creates appropriate national committees and international research centers within the structure of the Academy;
- together with international and foreign scientific organizations it holds scientific activities and promotes the results of scientific studies across the world;
- it creates scientific and educational organizations abroad according to the legislation of relevant countries;
- it holds scientific congresses, conferences, symposiums, seminars and meetings (including international ones); it participates in international exhibitions and other national and international forums;
- it carries out publishing activities: establishes publishing houses, publishes magazines, almanacs, collections of analytical studies, scientific monographs, works of scientists from around the world and other publications;
- it participates in examination and reviewing of scientific monographs, articles, textbooks and other teaching materials in the relevant countries and on request of the persons concerned;
- it provides informational support of scientific studies:
- it supports the activities of scientific libraries, museums and archives;
- it takes part in the establishment and development of scientific information networks, databases and data banks in the relevant countries;
- it organizes exhibitions of scientific and technological achievements;
- it assists the interested organizations in centralized purchasing of necessary scientific instruments, equipment, scientific literature as well as repairs and modernization of research facilities;
- it creates its offices and branches;
- it creates scientific councils, committees and commissions in the most significant fields of science and technology in the prescribed manner;
- it participates in the examination of scientific and technical programs and projects on the request of organizations concerned;
- it participates in the development and reviewing of legal acts, regulating the activities in the field of science, scientific creativity and protection of intellectual property on the request of relevant countries and organizations;
- it organizes and implements various national and international educational programs in the field of supplementary training of various specialists and increasing of qualification and professional level of the interested persons; it also tests and certifies the quality of their knowledge and training;
- in accordance with the rules established by the Statute and special Provisions and Regulations of the Academy, it admits scientists and public figures from around the world who actively promote the development of science and education in national and international scale to the Scientific Council of the Academy with an assignment of the Academy member status: Full member of the Academy («Academician») and the Corresponding member of the Academy;
- in accordance with the rules established by the Statute and special Provisions and Regulations of the Academy, it organizes and holds the activities in training and certification of scientific staff; persons who pass the certification achieve the Academy scientific degrees: «Doctor of Philosophy» (Ph.D. ) and «Grand Doctor of Philosophy» (Grand Ph.D.);
- in accordance with the rules established by the Statute and special Provisions and Regulations of the Academy, it organizes and holds the activities in training and certification of teaching staff; persons who pass the certification achieve academic titles: «Associate Professor» and «Full Professor»;
- in accordance with the rules established by the Statute and special Provisions and Regulations of the Academy, it presents scientific diplomas and certificates of the Academy; these are given to people, who pass the training and certification of scientific-educational programs of the Academy successfully;
- in accordance with the rules established by the Statute and special Provisions and Regulations of the Academy, it establishes and presents honorary diplomas, certificates, decorations and medals of the Academy; these are meant to be given to educators and scientists with significant achievements in their professional activities and to persons who promote the development of science and education in national and international scale in different countries of the world;
- it approves Provisions and Regulations which specify and widen the statements of the Statutes and therefore form the internal regulatory basis which regulates the Academy activities;
- it announces academic competitions and provides grants; it encourages scientific studies, awards the most significant researchers, marks persons contributing to the scientific progress and the development of education;
- it carries out another activities directed to achieving the statutory goals and objectives of the Academy.
Within its competence the Academy commemorates eminent scientists from around the world, establishes and gives out medals and prizes for outstanding scientific and technological achievements, including golden medals and awards named after outstanding scientists.
The Academy establishes the honorary titles for scientists from around the world; it awards young scientists and students with medals and prizes; it awards employees and members of the Academy with internal awards.
In accordance with the legislation of appropriate countries the Academy may act as a founder or co-founder of organizations serving the statutory goals and objectives of the Academy; it also may join associations and unions.
To fulfill its statutory goals and objectives and to carry out the established projects and programs the Academy has the right to make partnerships with various investors, patrons, sponsors and advertisers.
The Academy competence in the field of scientific and certification activities includes:
- The Academy executes its scientific-attestation activities on the basis of current legislation of the UK, international legal acts effective in the UK, international conventions with worldwide recognition concluded under the auspices of UNESCO, legal acts of the European Union, which establish, develop and specify fundamental principles of the Bologna process, and also on the basis of the Regulations.
- As a scientific and certification organization the Academy is a non-governmental professional public association of scientists, organized and operating in the scientific and educational space of the UK and the EU; the Academy aims to promote the improvement and implementation of modern and wide recognized system of training and certification of scientific workers and educators (on the basis of the UK legislation, the relevant international legal acts and public initiative of scientists and educators around the world).
- The Academy has national and international legal status of a non-governmental body, competent in matters of certification and recognition of academic qualification of higher education.
- The Academy intends to continuously expand the scale and the geography of its membership in international governmental and non-governmental organizations (and to deepen all-round cooperation with such organizations), which unite the legitimate institutions of different countries competent in matters of education, science, scientific certification, nostrification, academic recognition and mobility.
- The Academy certifies the scientific staff and nostrifies (within the international system of academic mobility and recognition) academic degree diplomas and academic title certificates obtained in institutes, academies, universities and certification institutions of countries and organizations of the European Region (as well as other countries with the generally recognized systems of education and science - in accordance with the requirements to diplomas and certificates of the EU).
- In accordance with international legal standards the Academy designs and develops a uniform international non-governmental policy on professional certification of skilled scientific and scientific-educational personnel, academic recognition and mobility; this policy is to be based on the respectful attitude from the side of state authorities towards the civil society of the United Kingdom, the European Union and the world community;
- The Academy promotes the expansion of academic activities concerning the recognition of studies, certificates, diplomas and degrees obtained in any country of the European region, taking the Council of Europe and the UNESCO Conventions on the academic education and qualifications into account;
- In its activities the Academy aims to unite higher educational institutions of different countries, ready and willing to develop in the context of the Bologna process, under the auspices of the Academy (within a common strategy of professional scientific and social scientific training and certification of personnel in Europe and the world);
- As a civil society institution the Academy promotes the formation of international, unified, centralized system of scientific and public attestation of skilled scientific and scientific-educational personnel, controlled by professional scientific communities of different countries and state authorities;
- The Academy fulfills scientific attestation, nostrification activities and functions within the international system of academic mobility and recognition in national and international status of the non-governmental body, competent in matters of assessment and recognition of academic qualifications and higher education;
- The Academy executes control and coordination of activities of institutions legally connected with the Academy in the field of attestation of scientific and scientific-educational high qualified personnel;
- The Academy promotes the qualitative improvement of scientific and teaching staff, improvement of efficiency of its training and usage, taking the society's and the country's needs as well as prospects of development of science, education, technology and culture into account;
- Scientific certification activities of the Academy promote the disclosure of intellectual potential of persons with an appropriate qualification. This gives an opportunity to improve their higher and postgraduate education in the selected institution (college, university, academy) or through the particular higher education program;
- In order to implement scientific and certification activities the Academy can form specific bodies within its structure including the Academy members (scientists) and the involved persons - partners (in accordance with the rules established by the Statute and special Provisions and Regulations of the Academy and if necessary): Specialized sectoral scientific Councils, Professional disciplinary academic Councils (Dissertation Councils), University Boards; Certification Councils; Expert Councils and other bodies. Status, responsibilities, membership and the mechanism of special bodies formation are determined by relevant Provisions and Regulations of the Academy;
- The Academy develops and approves instructions and forms of documents concerning the process of academic degrees and academic titles granting. It develops and approves the Regulations: «The order of granting the academic degrees and academic titles of the Academy» and «The order of assessment of knowledge levels of doctoral students at the Academy in accordance with the ECTS (EUROPEAN CREDIT TRANSFER SYSTEM)» and other types of Provisions and Regulations necessary to ensure the Academy's activities.